World Professional Standings
Major Awards And Victories
- 1993: WPCA Top Rookie Driver Award
- 1998: Orville Strandquist Award (Calgary Stampede Top Rookie Driver)
- 1999: Grande Prairie Stompede, Strathmore Heritage Days, WPCA GMC Tour Championship
- 2011: WPCA Clean Drive Award
- 2012: Ponoka Stampede, Calgary Stampede Rangeland Derby Champion Driver, Richard Cosgrave Memorial Award (Calgary Stampede Aggregate Champion), Calgary Stampede Safety Award (Least Penalized Driver)
- 2014: WPCA Clean Drive Award
- 2018 Guy Weadick Award
A champion driver from one of chuckwagon racing’s predominant families, Troy was chuckwagon racing’s first modern day “Triple Crown” Champion in 2012 after winning the Ponoka Stampede, Calgary Stampede Aggregate and the GMC Rangeland Derby in a single year.
Troy received the Calgary Stampede’s prestigious Guy Weadick Award in 2018, was the WPCA’s Top Rookie Driver in 1993, won the Calgary Stampede’s Orville Strandquist Award for Top Rookie Driver in 1998 and has qualified for the Calgary Stampede GMC Rangeland Derby’s championship final heat four times. Troy is a two-time winner of the WPCA Clean Drive Award and won the Calgary Stampede Safety Award in 2012.
2019 saw Troy post 5 top ten runs, which includes 1 run that placed inside the top five. Troy is a third-generation champion chuckwagon driver whose grandfather was hall-of-fame cowboy Tom Dorchester – a 4-time World and 2-time Calgary Stampede champion, his father Garry is a former World and Calgary Stampede Champion, Uncle Dallas was a former World and 2-time Calgary Stampede Champion, and is first cousin to 2-time World Champion Rick Fraser as well. Troy enjoys golf and hockey in his spare time. Troy has three children – Emily, Haley and Connor. He and his wife Jennifer make their home in Westerose, Alberta.