World Professional Standings
Major Awards And Victories
- 2000: Calgary Stampede Rangeland Derby Champion Outrider, Calgary Stampede Aggregate Champion Outrider
- 2004: Calgary Stampede Rangeland Derby Champion Outrider
- 2009: WPCA Chuckwagon Person of the Year
- 2011: Colonial Days Fair, Colonial Days Fair Aggregate Winner
- 2014: WPCA Equine Outfit of Excellence - "CARIBE" - Champion Outriding Horse
- 2017: Herman Flad Memorial Award (WPCA Most Improved Driver)
- 2021: Dewberry World Chuckwagon Races
- 2022: World Champion Chuckwagon Driver; Richard Cosgrave Memorial Award (Calgary Stampede Safety/Aggregate Champion), Calgary Stampede Equine Athlete of Excellence - "RIDGE" - Champion Champion Right Wheeler, Battle of the North, WPCA Equine Outfit of Excellence - "MER" - Champion Left Leader
2022 was an incredible season for Layne MaGillivray to say the least. He won the Battle of the North, the Richard Cosgrave Memorial Award symbolic of the Calgary Stampede Safety and Aggregate Champion, had one horse named to the Calgary Stampede Equine Athlete of Excellence and another horse named to the WPCA Equine Outfit of Excellence, en route to winning his first career World Chuckwagon Championship in record setting fashion for the most points in a season with 1500. Layne posted 37 top ten runs, including two day money runs and 26 runs that placed inside the top five. He qualified for the two championship final heats at the Calgary Stampede Rangeland Derby and the Battle of the North, and had top ten overall aggregate finishes at ten of the eleven shows that made up the 2022 chuckwagon season.
Layne won the Herman Flad Memorial Award as the WPCA’s Most Improved Driver in 2017, his horse "CARIBE" was named Champion Outriding Horse on the WPCA Equine Outfit of Excellence in 2014, and Layne was honored in 2009 with the WPCA highest annual award when he received the prestigious Chuckwagon Person of the Year Award.
Layne started his chuckwagon career over 30 years ago as an outrider, and enjoyed a very successful career highlighted by winning two Calgary Stampede Rangeland Derby Championships in 2000 and 2004 with Hughie Sinclair, and Sinclair's Calgary Stampede Aggregate winner in 2000.
Layne’s career began on the Canadian Professional Chuckwagon Association (CPCA) circuit where he won two CPCA show championships and twice qualified for the championship final heat for the CPCA Championship. He was the CPCA's Most Improved Driver in 2001, the CPCA's High Point Rookie Driver in 2000, and twice was named the CPCA's Most Sportsmanlike Driver.
A 3rd generation chuckwagon driver, Layne is the father of outrider Trey MacGillivray, the son of former driver Dennis MacGillivray, son-in-law to former driver Wayne Dagg, and is the great-nephew of former driver and legendary chuckwagon promoter Cliff Claggett. Layne and his wife Loreena - the 2008 Ty Tournier Memorial Award recipient - have 2 children - Taygan and Trey - and now make their home in Halkirk, Alberta.