World Professional Standings
Major Awards And Victories
- 2012: Medicine Hat Exhibition & Stampede, Herman Flad Memorial Award (Most Improved Driver), WPCA Equine Outfit of Excellence - "D.J" - Champion Right Wheeler
- 2015: WPCA Equine Outfit of Excellence - "COMET" - Champion Left Leader
- 2017: WPCA Equine Outfit of Excellence - "ZIP" - Champion Outriding Horse
- 2018: Grande Prairie Stompede, WPCA Equine Outfit of Excellence - "COWBOY" - Champion Right Wheeler
- 2022: Dewberry World Chuckwagon Races
Another of chuckwagon racing's toughest competitors, Evan's 2022 season was highlighted by a victory at the Dewberry World Chuckwagon Races. He posted fourteen top ten runs including a day money run at the Dewberry World Chuckwagon Races and four runs that also cracked the top five. The win at Dewberry and a ninth place overall finsh at the Calgary Stampede Rangeland Derby were his best of the season.
Evan made three consecutive qualifications into the semi-final round, has won three times on the WPCA Pro Tour, has had four horses named to the WPCA Equine Outfit of Excellence and won the Herman Flad Memorial Award for the WPCA's Most Improved Driver in 2012.
Evan started his career in 2008 on the Western Chuckwagon Association (WCA) circuit where he won the WCA’s Rycroft show in 2009, was runner-up for the WCA championship, and was named the WCA’s Most Improved Driver.
Prior to driving big chuckwagons, Evan started racing pony chariots when he was 14 and pony chuckwagons at 16. Evan is a 2nd generation driver whose uncle is former driver Ray Salmond and cousin is former driver Rod Salmond. He is the younger brother of fellow driver Wade Salmond. In the off season,
Evan is a harness maker and works in the forestry industry. He enjoys hockey and ski-dooing in the off season. Evan and his wife Adriane have two children – Rose and Cash – and make their home in Hudson Bay, Saskatchewan.