World Professional Standings
Major Awards And Victories
- 1997: CPCA Champion Outrider
- 2002: Calgary Stampede Aggregate Champion Outrider, Ponoka Stampede Champion Outrider
- 2003: Calgary Stampede Rangeland Derby Champion Outrider, Calgary Stampede Aggregate Champion Outrider, Ponoka Stampede Champion Outrider
- 2006: WPCA Clean Drive Award, Calgary Stampede Aggregate Champion Outrider
- 2008: Ponoka Stampede Champion Driver
- 2010: Calgary Stampede Rangeland Derby Champion Outrider
- 2015: Battle of the Rockies, Herman Flad Memorial Award (WPCA Most Improved Driver)
- 2016: Medicine Hat Exhibition & Stampede, WPCA Equine Outfit Of Excellence - "GAGE" - Champion Left Leader
- 2019: Guy Weadick Days, WPCA Equine Outfit of Excellence - "NIGHTLY" - Champion Outriding Horse
2019 was another rewarding season for Doug, as he captured the Guy Weadick Days championship and his horse “Nightly” was a Champion Outriding Horse on the WPCA Equine Outfit of Excellence. 2019 also saw Doug post posted 13 top ten runs, including 2 first place runs and 7 runs that also cracked the top five.
As a chuckwagon driver, Doug has won 4 show championships, with his biggest win coming on one of chuckwagon racing’s biggest stages at the Ponoka Stampede. He received the 2015 Herman Flad Memorial Award as the WPCA’s Most Improved Driver, the WPCA Clean Drive Award in 2006, and has had two horses named to the WPCA Equine Outfit of Excellence. He qualified for the GMC Rangeland Derby's Championship Final at the Calgary Stampede’s Centennial Celebration in 2012 and came up short by a mere one one-hundredth of a second – the closest championship final in Calgary Stampede history.
As an outrider, Doug outrode for two Calgary Stampede GMC Rangeland Derby Championship outfits, 3 Calgary Stampede Aggregate winners, and 2 Ponoka Stampede championship outfits.
Doug started his career on the Canadian Professional Chuckwagon Association (CPCA) circuit where he was the CPCA’s High Point Rookie Driver in 1998, the CPCA’s High Point Rookie outrider in 1993 and the CPCA outrider champion in 1997. A truck driver for B & R Eckel's Transport Ltd. in the off-season, Doug also enjoys playing hockey. Doug and his wife Jimmi Lou have 3 children - Dacia, Britton and Maddi Jo, and make their home near Bonnyville, Alberta.