World Professional Standings
Major Awards And Victories
- 2008: WPCA Equine Outfit Of Excellence - "BENNY" - Champion Outriding Horse
- 2009: Ponoka Stampede , Orville Strandquist Award (Calgary Stampede Top Rookie Driver), Strathmore Heritage Days Stampede, Herman Flad Memorial Award (WPCA Most Improved Driver), WPCA Equine Outfit of Excellence - "RENO" - Champion Right Leader;
- 2010: WPCA Equine Outfit Of Excellence - "BENNY" - Champion Outriding Horse
- 2011: Dewberry World Chuckwagon Races
- 2014: Medicine Hat Exhibition & Stampede
- 2015: Grande Prairie Stompede, Calgary Stampede Equine Outfit of Excellence - "VICTOR" - Champion Right Wheeler
- 2017: Grande Prairie Stompede
- 2021: World Champion Chuckwagon Driver, Battle of the North
Over the past decade, Obrey has established himself among chuckwagon racing’s elite, amassing 6 victories and host of other testimonials. The 2019 race season saw Obrey record 11 top ten runs, including 6 runs that also placed inside the top five. A top ten overall aggregate finish at the Century Downs World Finals was his best on the season.
Obrey qualified for the championship final at the GMC Rangeland Derby in 2017 and just missed out on the championship. He won the Calgary Stampede's Orville Strandquist Award for Top Rookie Driver in 2009 and has qualified for the Rangeland Derby’s “Semi Final Saturday” three times.
Obrey received the WPCA’s Most Improved Driver Award in 2009, has had three horses named to the WPCA's Equine Outfit of Excellence, and was runner–up for the World Chuckwagon Championship in 2009. Obrey started his career with a brief run in the Western Chuckwagon Association (WCA) driving a partial year in 2004 where he won the Teepee Creek Stampede. The following year he competed on the Canadian Professional Chuckwagon Association (CPCA) circuit and was the CPCA's High Point Rookie Driver in 2005. Prior to driving the big wagons, Obrey drove Pony Chuckwagons and was a 3-time World and 3-time North American Pony Chuckwagon.
A farmer and rancher in the off-season, Obrey and his wife Angie have 2 children – outriders Ethan and Hayden - and make their home in Bluffton, Alberta.