World Professional Standings
Major Awards And Victories
- 2000: WPCA Top Rookie Driver Award
- 2001: Orville Strandquist Award (Calgary Stampede Top Rookie Driver)
- 2002: Ponoka Stampede Champion
- 2006: Chuckwagon Person of the Year
- 2009: Calgary Stampede Rangeland Derby Champion Driver, Edmonton’s Chuckwagon Derby, WPCA Equine Outfit of Excellence – “GRANVIEW” – Champion Outriding Horse
- 2010: Bonnyville Chuckwagon Championship, WPCA Equine Outfit of Excellence – “CRAFTY” – Champion Left Wheeler
- 2016: Battle of the Rockies, Calgary Stampede Equine Outfit of Excellence – “WILD” – Champion Right Leader
- 2017: Calgary Stampede Equine Outfit of Excellence – “ROBERT” – Champion Outriding Horse
- 2019: Century Downs Racetrack and Casino Aggregate
A driver who has won many of chuckwagon racing’s most prominent events including the Calgary Stampede GMC Rangeland Derby, Edmonton’s Chuckwagon Derby and the Ponoka Stampede, Chad added the Century Downs Racetrack and Casino Aggregate championship to his resume in 2019. The 2019 season also saw Chad post 10 top ten runs, including 3 first place run and 4 runs that also placed inside the top five. He set the track record at Century Downs Racetrack and Casino, and in addition to his win at Century Downs, a runner-up finish at the Battle of the Rockies was his best of the season.
Chad received the prestigious WPCA Chuckwagon Person of the Year Award in 2006, won the Calgary Stampede’s Orville Strandquist Award for top rookie driver in 2001, has had 4 horses named to the WPCA and Calgary Stampede Equine Outfits of Excellence, and was the WPCA’s Top Rookie Driver in 2000. He has been a semi-finalist at the Calgary Stampede three times, and in 2009 he became just the third driver to boast wins in both of Alberta’s major cities (Calgary and Edmonton) in a single year.
Chad was the first chuckwagon driver to win association and Calgary Stampede top rookie honors in a single year, the first driver to win the top rookie driver at the Calgary Stampede and go on to win the GMC Rangeland Derby Championship.
In the off-season Chad is a talent scout for the Calgary Hitmen of the Western Hockey League and owns and operates Generation Chemicals Inc. – an oilfield chemical company. He is a third generation chuckwagon driver, whose grandfather Leroy Harden and father Robert Harden drove wagons for many years. Chad has 4 children – Montana, Cheyenna, Dawson and Denver – and makes his home near Mulhurst Bay, Alberta.