Olson Silver BATTLE for the BUCKLES
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A CHAMPION?
BE PART OF THE ACTION and test your chuckwagon racing handicapping skills through the OLSON SILVER Battle for the Buckles.
The OLSON SILVER Battle for the Buckles is a WPCA Pro Tour live radio broadcast “Fans Challenge” that takes place nightly during all WPCA Pro Tour broadcasts. (Calgary Stampede not included)
Fans are to text the WPCA TEXT LINE (587) 577-0226 and indicate who they think will win the Battle for the Buckles heat. Participants will be determined on a first come first serve basis. The first fan who texts in will be partnered with the driver of his/her choice. Once that driver is taken he is no longer available.
** Only text messages will be accepted. No phone calls will be answered
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
1) Tune into the WPCA Pro Tour live broadcasts nightly on SIRIUS XM Rural Radio 147, Country 99 or online through the WPCA website
2) Once color commentator Billy Melville announces the OLSON SILVER Battle for the Buckles heat, be the first to text in the name of the driver you think will be the winner of the “Battle for the Buckles” heat along with your name and home town
3) 4 fans will participate nightly during the 4 barrel shows while 3 fans will participate during the 3 barrel show in Medicine Hat. Once a fan picks a driver, that driver is no longer available
4) If one of the selected fans driver wins (Penalties Included) that fan will advance to Championship Sunday (Monday in Strathmore) and his/her name will be entered into the weekend draw that will take place during the Fortis Alberta Wrap Up Report on the last night of the show
5) All winning participants throughout the weekend (1 per night) will have his/her name entered with a chance to be awarded a custom made championship buckle
6) Participants must provide their full name to participate along with their hometown. Only first name and hometown will be announced on the radio and displayed on the WPCA website
SELECTION OF WINNERS: A random drawing from all nightly winners will be conducted at the end of the weekend broadcasts by the WPCA Broadcast Team, whose decisions shall be final in all matters relating to the Battle for the Buckles.
Weekly Battle for the Buckles winners will be notified by phone at the phone number provided at time of participation. If a potential winner does not answer the initial phone call, then over the next twenty-four (24) hours, the WPCA broadcast team will make up to three (3) additional attempts to reach the potential winner via telephone.
If a potential Battle for the Buckles weekly winner cannot be reached in person during such twenty-four (24) hour period, such potential Battle for the Buckles winner will be disqualified and the winner will be selected at random from among all of the remaining eligible entries and the above process will be repeated, time permitting.
No messages will be left on answering machines or voice mail systems. The World Professional Chuckwagon Association and Olson Silver are not responsible for technical difficulties with telecommunications systems beyond their control.
Once a potential Battle for the Buckles winner is reached and has confirmed his/her interest in receiving the prize (subject to verification), potential Battle for the Buckles winner will be sent, via courier their prize.
If any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable or the WPCA is unable to contact a potential winner, prize will be forfeited and, at the WPCA’s discretion, an alternate winner selected.
PRIZES: Nine (9) Buckles: Each Battle for the Buckles winner will receive a custom made championship buckle specific to the WPCA show in which he/she participated. Estimated retail value of buckle is $500.00.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: By participating in the Battle for the Buckles challenge participants agree:
a) That neither the sponsor, the World Professional Chuckwagon Association nor any of the drivers, outriders, race personnel or directors will have any liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, harm, damage, cost or expense, including, without limitation any personal injuries, losses, harm, damage, cost, or expense, including, without limitation, and personal injury, arising from or in connection with participation in the Battle for the Buckles challenge
b) All causes of action arising out of or connected with the Battle for the Buckles, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class actio
c) And any claims, judgements, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
SPONSOR Olson Silver - 610 Centre St SE, High River, AB T1V
** All fans who text in to the contest and provide their name and hometown authorize the WPCA to post their first name and home town on the WPCA website and announce it on air for promotional purposes.
** We thank Olson Silver for their support behind the Battle for the Buckles challenge. All contest rules and prizes are determined and awarded by the World Professional Chuckwagon Association. Any questions regarding the Battle for the Buckles challenge should be directed to the WPCA directly.